Monday, April 10, 2006

Stupid Blog - Time for an update

Ok, this is the third time I've tried to post today. Let's hope it works this time.

Back from vacation in Vegas! Why does it always seem like you're more tired AFTER vacation than you were before you left? It was a blast though. Gambled way to much (may have to start looking for a meeting), went to Cirque de Soleil, and generally had a great time. Honestly though, there's so much to do in Vegas anymore that you'd need a month to do it all. And that's just the stuff I want to do. Good times though. I may have to plan another trip out there next year...

Was back from vacation for a week, then headed out to Houston for work. (Again, I can't stress enough how NICE it is to travel with a large corporation. Another REALLY nice hotel, meals and rental car all paid for. It's a sweet deal.) First thing the rental car agency asked me kinda threw me though. "Would you like a GPS System in your car?" I'd never been asked that before. I said, "I don't know. Do I?" She asks, "Is this your first time in Houston?" "Yes." "You want the GPS."

It's a damn good thing I took her advice, otherwise I'd still be looking for my hotel. It's like the person who laid out Sandy, with all it's winding roads and stuff, was contracted to lay out an entire metropolitan area... then went on a crack binge. The only thing that kept me comfortable is knowing that the lady in my GPS device would get me to work and to my hotel. And if I missed a direction, she'd correct it.

Now I'm home for a couple of weeks. Man it's nice to come home. I thought our dog was going to have a puppy heart attack when I got home on Friday though. When I walked in the door, she jumped off of the couch and into my arms and about licked my face off. Nothing says, "Welcome Home" like a dog licking your face. Someone once said, "We give dogs the room we can spare, the time we can spare and the love we can spare, and in return dogs give us their all. And it's the best deal that man has ever made." Never more true than when I came home on Friday. I'm glad to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home