Monday, January 30, 2006

Corporate Travel, The Way To Go

Well, look out Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas and Irvine. Here I come. I get to travel this week and next week to train some of our folks in our affiliate locations. Good times.

This week, it's Phoenix and Denver. And it makes for a pretty busy week for me. Tonight, after I get off work, I'm headed home to go to bed. I'll get up around 7 and head to Logan to watch my friend Ahmet Gueye (http://uhathletics.hawaii.edu/Player/player.html?pid=8&aid=13211) and the University of Hawai'i play Utah State. It's a 10:00 start time and it's televised, so it will be a long game. I figure I'll get back to Salt Lake by 3:00 in the morning, at which point I'm going to have Paul drop me at the airport. I fly out at 7:15 Tuesday morning. I get into Phoenix at 9:00, I'll work until about 5:00. Once I get off, I check into my hotel, then travel the 12 miles to Glendale Arena, where I'll watch the Phoenix Coyotes and the Vancouver Canucks play hockey. My second NHL game. I'm pretty excited. Then I get back to the hotel, grab a few hours of sleep then it's back to the airport to catch my 6:00 flight to Denver. I train the folks in Denver, then head back to the airport for my flight home. I'm not forseeing a lot of sleep in my immediate future.

Next week will be just as entertaining. I fly out on Tuesday morning for Las Vegas (read: Mecca). I'll train the folks there until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. My flight out of Vegas to California doesn't leave until 9:00 in the morning. Which means I need to be there around 7:00. 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. That's 14 hours. Now, what can I possibly find to do in Vegas for 14 hours? I don't forsee a lot of sleep there either. Then on to California, where I will arive 3 hours before I need to be there and I'll finish up 3 hours before my flight home. (Why couldn't I spend those 6 hours in Vegas too?)

So, in short, the next couple of weeks will be filled with travel, sports, gambling, sports-gambling, and copious amounts of caffiene.

Wish me luck. :-)

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Becky said...

LUCKY! Have fun.. dont lose your shirt though.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger katmandusuekookachoo said...

Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home